Strap yourselves in and get ready for a NEW PATCH. Update #9 brings a brand-new Looping coaster, colored queues, and a sleek new UGC landing page, along with a number of improvements to Staff systems, terrain, graphics, user interface and user experience. As always, the improvements below are just a small part of the work our team is doing. Updates like what you see today are developed in tandem with larger, more involved feature sets, which will be coming down the road very soon! In the meantime, read on for the specifics of today’s update!
Take a spin (or 10) on our brand-new Looping Coaster! This handsome square-ribbed steel coaster is ideal for performing inversions, and comes with 5 exquisite pre-built coaster designs. Find it under the “Coaster” menu and bring your coaster crafting to the next level.
After laying out your queue lines, you can now select a queue and modify the color of its railing and footpath. Simply click on a placed queue to bring up the queue color customization menu. This new feature provides even deeper customization and control, as you can now match your queue lines to the custom colors of your coasters and tracks! Let your inner artist run wild!
UGC LANDING PAGE
We’ve built an all-new landing page for your UGC content. This page will highlight the coolest and most popular featured items from the RCTW community! Popular screenshots have a chance to be featured on the top of the page, so keep checking back to the RCTW UGC menu to see the greatest creations from our endlessly imaginative Tycoons.
GENERAL GAME IMPROVEMENTS
For this latest patch, our team has continued to make improvements to current game systems. Highlights include usability updates to our Staff system, performance updates centered on tree scenery optimizations, improved load times when accessing saved parks, and more! See the full list of changes below.
As always, we have a number of new features and fixes on the horizon. Be on the lookout for additional improvements and new content coming soon!
Until then, thank you again for your support for RCTW. Keep it up! And as always, let us know what you think of the latest updates by visit our forums (LINK).
– Team RCTW
FULL UPDATE LIST:
- COASTER: Brand-new Looping Coaster! A handsome square-ribbed steel coaster ideal for performing inversions. Comes with 5 pre-made coaster designs.
- COLORED QUEUES: Players can now select a queue and modify the color of the railing and footpath.
- UGC LANDING PAGE: An all-new landing page highlighting the latest featured items from the RCTW community.
- GRAPHICS: Improved Seats for Standing, Dive, Wing, and Floorless Coaster
- UI / UX: Added a “Group” tab to all info panels
- UI / UX: Added Blueprint button to first tab of all info panels
- UI / UX: Added “total cost” to info panel
- UI / UX: Added new mouse icon when hovering over buildings
- PERFORMANCE: Continued Flat Ride optimization
- PERFORMANCE: Improved performance while using staff patrols
- PERFORMANCE: Continued tree performance optimization
- PERFORMANCE: Improved loading times when loading saved parks
- STAFF: Players can now assign employees to Patrol Area by dropping them anywhere within that area
- STAFF: Continue improvements to camera zoom feature
- STAFF: Rides now highlight when placing mechanics or entertainers within Patrol Area of ride
- TERRAIN: Terrain automatically flattens when building on steep slopes
- TERRAIN: Small scenery objects rotate according to terrain slope
- PEEPS: Improved animations for falling peeps
- STAFF: Not all staff buildings highlight when using Heat Maps
- GRAPHICS: Stardust Lilies feature small texture issue
- GRAPHICS: Resolution too low for “The Day the Ride Stood Still” façade texture
- GRAPHICS: Lantern appears to float in “Hayride” and “Wild Tycoon Wing” rides
- CRASH: Crash occurs when attempting to modify a path at the exit of any building/ride/coaster
- CRASH: Attempting to move a shop on top of another will cause a crash
- UI / UX: Coaster thumbnails do not match actual coaster
- UI / UX: Price/cost panel is hidden by Staff Building Heat Maps, when viewed at certain angles
- UI / UX: Incorrect color tint shown when enabling Theme Concentration heat maps
- UI / UX: Selection Coasters after expanding a park will bring up incorrect HUD
- UI / UX: Objectives for final month of Scenario do not appear with green check mark
- UI / UX: Landing Page bug making “Most Popular” and “Top Rated” categories disappear and reappear
- UI / UX: Placing buildings on a curved path with snapping tool active can create error
- STAFF: Janitors occasionally leave janitor building with their Heat Maps texture, even when Staff Heat Maps are disabled