RollerCoaster Tycoon World™ Create and Share Coaster Contest
The following promotion is intended for participants in the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia, Austria, Belgium, Canada (excluding Quebec province), Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Finland, Greece, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Russia, Sweden, Switzerland, and Turkey only and shall be governed by U.S. laws. Do not proceed if you are not a legal resident of one of the foregoing jurisdictions currently located and residing in such jurisdiction. Further eligibility restrictions are contained in the Official Rules below. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
- DESCRIPTION: The “RollerCoaster Tycoon World™ Create and Share Coaster Contest” (“Contest”) begins at 6:00 p.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on October 30, 2015 and ends at 11:59 p.m. ET on November 6, 2015 (“Contest Period”). Entries will be judged on or about November 20, 2015 to identify one (1) potential winner, for a total of one Grand Prize, as further described below in the Grand Prize section. Ten (10) runner ups will receive a RollerCoaster Tycoon World t-shirt. By participating in the Contest, each entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of RCTO Productions, LLC, 475 Park Avenue South, 12th Floor, New York, NY 10016 (the “Sponsor”) and Alienware, whose decisions shall be final and legally binding in all respects.
- ELIGIBILITY: This Contest is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia, Austria, Belgium, Canada (excluding Quebec province), Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Finland, Greece, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Russia, Sweden, Switzerland, or Turkey who are physically located and residing therein and who are at least eighteen (18) years of age at the time of entry (each an “Entrant” or, collectively, “Entrants”). Sponsor, and their employees, shareholders, officers, directors, agents, parent companies, affiliates (including without limitation Atari, Inc.), divisions, subsidiaries, agents, representatives and advertising agencies (collectively, “Contest Entities”) are not eligible to participate in the Contest. Immediate Family and Household Members of such individuals are also not eligible to enter or win. For purposes of the Contest, “Household Members” shall mean those people who share the same residence at least three months a year and “Immediate Family Members” shall mean parents, step-parents, legal guardians, children, stepchildren, siblings, step-siblings, or spouses.
- HOW TO ENTER: During the Contest Period, record a one (1) minute long video of your best coaster creation in RollerCoaster Tycoon World and upload it to the RollerCoaster Tycoon World Alienware Arena Channel (https://na.alienwarearena.com/groups/rollercoaster-tycoon-world/videos). The video should be no longer than sixty (60) seconds in length. All entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. ET on November 6, 2015 to be considered. Limit one (1) entry per person throughout the Contest Period, regardless of method used to create video. You may only use one (1) email address/Alienware Arena account to participate in this Contest. Entries received from any person or email address in excess of the limitation will be void. An Alienware Arena account is required to participate in this Contest and can be opened for free at https://na.alienwarearena.com/account/register.
Entry may not contain as determined by the Sponsor, in its sole discretion, any content that:
- is sexually explicit or suggestive; violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group; profane or pornographic; contains nudity;
- promotes alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing);
- promotes any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous; promotes any particular political agenda or message;
- is obscene or offensive; endorses any form of hate or hate group;
- defames, misrepresents or contains disparaging remarks about other people or companies;
- contains trademarks, logos, or trade dress (such as distinctive packaging or building exteriors/
interiors) owned by others (excluding those of Sponsor which will be permitted);
- contains any personal identification such as personal names or e-mail addresses;
- contains materials owned or controlled by others (including photographs, sculptures, paintings, and other works of art or images published on or in websites, television, movies or other media);
- contains materials embodying the names, likenesses, voices, or other indicia identifying any person, including, without limitation, celebrities and/or other public or private figures, living or dead;
- contains look-alikes of celebrities or other public or private figures, living or deceased; or
- violates any applicable law.
The Sponsor reserves the right to reject any entry which Sponsor determines, in its sole and absolute discretion, does not meet the above criteria or is otherwise offensive or is not in keeping with the Sponsor’s image and reputation. Sponsor reserves the right to remove any entry without prior notice.
By submitting an entry Entrant warrants and represents that he/she and any person or third-party who appears in or who is identifiable in the video consents to the submission and use of the entry in the Contest and to its use as otherwise set forth herein.
By submitting an entry, Entrant hereby grants permission for the entry to be posted on Alienware’s and/or RollerCoaster Tycoon’s website or other websites and used in press materials. Entrant agrees that Released Parties (as defined below) are not responsible for any unauthorized use of entries by third parties. Released Parties do not guarantee the posting of any entry and may remove a posted entry at any time. Entrants agree that they will not use the entry for any other purpose, including, without limitation, posting the entry to any online social networks, without the express written consent of Sponsor in each instance.
- WINNER SELECTION:
Judging Phase: All eligible entries received by Sponsor during the Contest Period will be narrowed down to the Top 20 based on highest number of votes (points) on Alienware Arena. Judging will take place during the two (2) week period thereafter (the “Voting Period”) in order to select one (1) winner by a panel of judges based on the following criteria: (1) Creativity (33%), (2) Originality and Presentation (33%), and (3) Highest Number of Votes (Points) (34%). The one (1) entry with the highest score, as determined by Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion, will be deemed the potential “Grand Prize winner” subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules. In the event of a tie, a “tie-breaking” judge will determine the potential Grand Prize winner in his/her sole and absolute discretion based on the judging criteria specified above. Ten (10) runner ups will receive one RollerCoaster Tycoon World t-shirt each in his/her designated size (subject to availability).
- WINNER NOTIFICATION: Potential Grand Prize winner and ten runner up winners will be notified via the email address associated with their Alienware Arena account approximately five (5) business days after the end of the Voting Period. It is an Entrant’s sole responsibility to ensure that the email account tied to the submitted Alienware Arena highlight video is active and working. No other method of contact will be utilized. The potential Grand Prize winner will be required to respond (as directed) to the notification within seventy-two (72) hours of notification. The failure to respond timely to the notification may result in forfeiture of the prize. If the Grand Prize goes unclaimed or the potential Grand Prize winner is found to be ineligible, or if he or she has not complied with these Official Rules or declines the prize for any reason prior to award, such potential Grand Prize winner will be disqualified and the first runner-up may be notified, at the sole discretion of the Sponsor, and designated as the Grand Prize winner subject to verification of eligibility, continued viability of the Contest in the potential Grand Prize winner’s country of residence, and compliance otherwise with these Official Rules. The potential Grand Prize winner will be required to verify his/her address and execute and return an affidavit of eligibility, a liability release, and (where imposing such condition is legal) a publicity release (collectively, the “Prize Claim Documents”) covering eligibility, liability, advertising, and publicity issues. The Grand Prize will not be awarded until all such properly executed Prize Claim Documents are returned. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify anyone not fully complying with the Official Rules. Judges’ and Sponsor’s decisions are final and binding on all matters relating to this Contest.
- GRAND PRIZE: One Alienware Arena Steam Machine. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of Grand Prize: $649.00. RUNNER UP PRIZES: 10 RollerCoaster Tycoon T-shirts
PRIZES WILL BE AWARDED “AS IS” WITH NO WARRANTY OR GUARANTEE, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED BY SPONSOR.
All prize details are at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Prize winner cannot assign or transfer a prize to another person. If a prize cannot be awarded, a substitute prize of comparable or greater retail value may be awarded. The value of the prize represents Sponsor’s good faith determination of the maximum retail value thereof. No refunds or credit for changes are allowed. The ARV of the prize is subject to price fluctuations in the consumer marketplace based on, among other things, any gap in time between the date the ARV is estimated for purposes of these Official Rules and the date the prize is awarded or redeemed. Other restrictions may apply.
- CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION/RELEASES: All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. By participating, each Entrant agrees to be bound by these Official Contest Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which shall be final in all respects. By participating in this Contest and/or by accepting any prize, each Entrant agrees to release the Contest Entities, Atari, Alienware, and each of their respective parents, affiliates and subsidiaries, and their respective successors, employees, agents, representatives and assigns (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from any and all actions, claims, injuries, death, losses or damages arising in any manner, directly or indirectly, from participation in this Contest and/or acceptance or use of a prize. Winner authorizes the Released Parties to use his/her photo, video, twitch channel, name, voice, likeness, biographical data, city and state of residence in advertising, marketing, programming or promotional materials, worldwide, in perpetuity, and on a winners’ list, if applicable, without further compensation unless prohibited by law. Winner may be asked to participate in select publicity activities, as determined at the sole discretion of the Released Parties. Released Parties are not obligated to use any of the above-mentioned information or publicity materials, but may do so and may edit such information or materials, at Released Parties’ sole discretion, without further obligation or compensation. The Released Parties shall not be liable for: (i) any injuries, losses, liabilities or damages of any kind including personal injury or death caused by the Grand Prize or resulting from acceptance, possession or use or misuse of any prize or from participation in the Contest (including any travel/ activity related thereto); (ii) telephone system, telephone or computer hardware, software or other technical or computer malfunctions, lost connections, disconnections, delays or transmission errors; (iii) data corruption, theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alteration of entry or other materials; (iv) late, lost, delayed, stolen, misdirected, incomplete, unreadable, inaccurate, garbled or unintelligible entries, communications or affidavits, regardless of the method of transmission; (v) any inability of winner to accept or use any prize (or portion thereof) for any reason and such prize or portion thereof shall be forfeited; or (vi) any printing, typographical, human-administrative or technological errors in any materials or activities associated with the Contest. Released Parties disclaim any liability for damage to any computer system resulting from participating in, or accessing or downloading information in connection with this Contest. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, modify or suspend the Contest (or any portion of the Contest) at any time for any reason or should a virus, bug, computer problem, unauthorized intervention, extenuating circumstance or other problem/cause corrupt or inhibit the administration, security or proper play of the Contest and, in such situation, will select the potential Grand Prize winner from among all eligible entries received prior to such action using the judging criteria specified above. Sponsor may prohibit Entrant from participating in the Contest or winning the prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines Entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, hacking, deception, or any other unfair practices or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other Entrants or Released Parties representatives. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION FROM PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK ANY AND ALL REMEDIES AVAILABLE.
- INDEMNITY: Winner shall indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all claims, damages, actions, liability, loss, injury or expense, including reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs, arising out of or in connection with: (a) winner’s participation in the Contest; (b) a breach or allegation which if true would constitute a breach, of winner’s representations, warranties or obligations herein; and (c) acceptance, possession, grant, or use of any prize, including without limitation, personal injury, death and property damage arising there from.
- LICENSE/USE OF ENTRIES: By submitting an entry, and to the extent allowed by law, you grant the Released Parties a perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable, royalty-free, non-exclusive, sub-licensable, unconditional and transferable license to edit, modify, and distribute the entry and all elements of such entry, including, without limitation, the names and likenesses of any persons or locations embodied therein, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, without compensation, permission or notification to Entrant or any third party.
- DISPUTES: This Contest is governed by the laws of the United States and the State of New York, without respect to any choice of law or conflict of law principles that would result in the application of any law other than that of New York. As a condition of participating in this Contest, Entrants agree that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with this Contest, shall be resolved individually through binding arbitration, without resort to any form of class action, in accordance with the arbitration provision set forth below.
- ARBITRATION PROVISION: By participating in this Contest, each Entrant agrees that any and all disputes the Entrant may have with, or claims Entrant may have against, the Released Parties relating to, arising out of or connected in any way with (i) the Contest, (ii) the awarding or redemption of any prize, and/or (iii) the determination of the scope or applicability of this agreement to arbitrate, will be resolved individually and exclusively by final and binding arbitration administered by the National Arbitration Forum (the “Forum”) and conducted before a sole arbitrator pursuant to the Code of Procedure established by the Forum. The arbitration shall be held at a location determined by the Forum pursuant to the Code of Procedure, or at such other location as may be mutually agreed upon by the Entrant and Sponsor. The arbitrator’s decision shall be controlled by the terms and conditions of these Official Rules and any of the other agreements referenced herein that the applicable Entrant may have entered into in connection with the Contest. There shall be no authority for any claims to be arbitrated on a class or representative basis; arbitration can decide only the Entrant’s and/or Sponsor’s individual claims and the arbitrator may not consolidate or join the claims of other persons or parties who may be similarly situated. The arbitrator shall not have the power to award special or punitive damages against the Entrant or Released Parties. For more information on the Forum and/or the Forum’s Code of Procedure, please visit their website at www.arb-forum.com. If any part of this Arbitration Provision is deemed to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, the balance of this Arbitration Provision shall remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with its terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
- GOVERNING LAW; JURISDICTION: These Official Rules are governed by and shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New York, U.S.A., without giving effect to its conflicts of law rules. Each entrant hereby submits himself or herself to the exclusive jurisdiction of the state and federal courts sitting in New York City, New York, U.S.A.
- SOCIAL MEDIA DISCLAIMER: This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram. In entering the Contest you are providing information to Sponsor and not to Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram. By entering the Contest you release Facebook, Twitter or Instagram completely from any liability in respect of the Contest.
- WINNER’S NAME/OFFICIAL RULES: To obtain the name of the winner or a copy of these Official Rules, send a request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to “”RollerCoaster Tycoon World™ Create and Share Coaster Contest” Winner’s Name/Rules, Atari – 475 Park Avenue South, 12th Floor, New York, NY 10016. Requests for the name of the winner must be received no later December 21, 2015.
// End of Official Rules //
Online Abbreviated Rules:
Open to legal residents of the 50 U.S. states & D.C., Austria, Belgium, Canada (excluding Quebec province), Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Finland, Greece, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Russia, Sweden, Switzerland, and Turkey 18 years of age or older as of the time of entry. Other restrictions apply. Contest entry period begins at 6:00 p.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on October 30, 2015 & ends at 11:59 p.m. ET on November 6, 2015. Void where prohibited. Subject to Official Rules. To enter and for Official Rules visit http://www.rollercoastertycoon.com/rctw-contest-official-rules-rollercoaster-tycoon-world-create-and-share-contest/ Sponsor: RCTO Productions, LLC.
RCTW – Contest – Official Rules – RollerCoaster Tycoon World Create and Share Contest