Mwahaha! Hello Tycoons, and welcome…. to our SPOOKTACULAR Halloween update! While we’ve been hard at work fixing bugs and optimizing features, we somehow let this ghoulish collection of Halloween scenery objects sneak into the park! This update features a batch of new Halloween goodies including spiderwebs, tombstones, and jack-o’-lanterns, guaranteed to give your parks just the right touch of spooky ambience. In addition to our Halloween content, we’ve also made a number of improvements, additions and fixes to our PxP system, along with freeform scenery placement – place scenery on elevated paths! – and art optimizations throughout the game.
As we mentioned before, we’re now heading into the home stretch of our Early Access production cycle. We’re cooking up a ton of significant improvements – peeps, progression, UI/UX, and more – that you’ll have in your hands very soon. Be on the lookout for some sneak peeks at these big changes!
In the meantime, read on for details on the contents of this patch, along with our full bug list and patch notes.
FULL UPDATE LIST:
Creeptastic Halloween Scenery is added to the scenery menu! Spider webs, Tombstones, Spider lanterns, Cemetery Fence, Weeping Angel, Jack-o’-Lanterns, and Spiders are now available as scenery items!
Freeform Scenery Placement:
You can now place any scenery object at any angle, with full control of elevation and 3 axes of rotation.
- CONTROLS: Key bindings have been added for the “Park Expansion” and “Piece by Piece Buildings UI’s”. This can be found under the “Controls” section
- GRAPHICS: Interval Update Optimization
- GRAPHICS / PERFORMANCE: Optimized shaders, décor, path assets, scenery
- GRAPHICS / PERFORMANCE: Texture sizes for all in-game items have been reduced to improve memory usage.
- PXP: 5 Skeleton Stations are now unlocked for use.
- PXP: Camera behaviors now behave correctly when triggered by specific gameplay events.
- PXP: Duplicate now has a shortcut key – Ctrl+D
- PXP: The grid system is set to auto-off when deleting the first piece.
- PXP: The first PxP now contains a blue square array.
- PXP: The Auto-Stacking toggle now does an Auto-Switch Off when increasing/decreasing the elevation into or above another piece.
- SCENERY: Scenery Objects can now be placed on elevated paths.
- SCENERY: Scenery Objects can now be placed via 4 axis placement for objects within the park.
- SCENERY: Stats for all Halloween items have been added and adjusted.
- SOUND: Overall audio improvements and optimizations.
- UI / UX The Buildings icon has been renamed to “Shops & Staff” to eliminate confusion with PxP Buildings.
- UI / UX: The Duplicate button of the PxP info panel has been renamed to “Duplicate this Piece-by-Piece building”
The Bugs below have all been fixed in this latest update. Note that this is only a selection of all the bug fixes from the full list.
- COASTERS: Coaster pillars are not present in-game
- COASTERS: The Coaster highlight remains when going into the Coaster Cam.
- COASTERS: ‘Accelerator Coaster’ cam clips with the coaster station base.
- COASTERS: One of the ‘Flying Coaster’ camera angles focuses incorrectly and clips with the ride seats.
- COASTERS: Entry paths cannot be connected to some of the coaster stations.
- COASTERS: A small piece of glass panel is missing in the ‘Sci-Fi Station’ of Accelerator coaster
- COASTERS: ‘Sci-Fi Station’ of ‘Spinning Coaster’ has two glass panels clipping through each other.
- CONTROLS: Rotate function is used while Elevate is highlighted, when canceling or placing a building after selecting Rotate.
- CRASH: Cancelling to place a saved blueprint while building a PxP building will cause a NullRef and break UI functionality.
- CRASH: NullReferenceException preventing from grouping blueprints with other assets
- CRASH: Game crashes after receiving the StackOverflowException repeatedly when placing roofs and stacking them.
- CRASH: Using the Delete keyboard shortcut to delete pieces placed down will give a NullReferenceException Callout when the last piece is deleted
- CRASH: Logs are spammed with NullReferenceExceptions when canceling to move a piece that has been Twisted or Pitched.
- CRASH: Game crashes when attempting to place a piece-by-piece wall outside of the boundary of the back 3 plots.
- CRASH: Placing any piece-by-piece premade generates a nullref, not allowing the player to place any other piece-by-piece assets.
- CRASH: Attempting to re-edit a PxP Building after removing a building from its group and deleting it will result in a NullRef and force user to quit.
- FLATRIDES: The color of the water in the preview image for the “Plundering Pirate” now matches the in game asset after placing on to the park.
- FLATRIDES: ‘Plundering Pirate’ flag texture is missing
- FLATRIDES: Peeps animation in Twisted twizzler are holding the security bars before they are present
- FLATRIDES: The ride music stops playing if user exit from the ‘Ride Camera’.
- FLATRIDES: Orbit spin envelope is visually stretched while the ride is running
- FLATRIDES: Typhoon missing texture
- FLATRIDES: Various Flatride Animation/RideCam fixes
- FLATRIDES: Particles visual effects from a broken down Ring Of Fire are not aligned properly with the ride.
- GRAPHICS: Entrance Building – Texture applied to Entrance doesn’t appear to be mapped correctly.
- GRAPHICS: Unmatched reflections visible in the mirrors on the entrance building of Capering Canyon map.
- GRAPHICS: Low resolution texture appears for the ground surface of the Capering Canyon and Dusty Dunes maps.
- GRAPHICS: Light fixtures inside the entrance building have single sided texture.
- GRAPHICS: Grouping any assets then moving them will create an offset rectangle animation smoke effect.
- GRAPHICS: Water in Lilac Lake is completely pink.
- GRAPHICS: Some dead trees do not appear highlighted from afar.
- GRAPHICS: The Theater ride does not have a footprint.
- GRAPHICS: Particle visual effects from a broken Ring of Fire are not aligned properly with the ride.
- GRAPHICS: No collision on terrain outside the park which make the player able the see the map from underneath.
- GRAPHICS: Boundary line placement corrected.
- GRAPHICS: Added LOD’s to facilities, stands and restaurants.
- GRAPHICS: All in-game trees will now grow over time.
- GRAPHICS: Leaves and branches of the Palm Tree disappear on placing it when camera is zoomed in.
- GRAPHICS: Z-Fighting appears below the track under the station for the ‘Floorless Coaster’.
- GRAPHICS: Coaster tracks clip through “Gold Mine” Center Piece.
- GRAPHICS: Inconsistency on water between assets.
- GRAPHICS: UV maps errors
- GRAPHICS: Cars in the parking lot are floating in the air.
- GRAPHICS: LOD problem with the Super Flyer ride
- GRAPHICS: Alien entertainer has missing face texture
- GRAPHICS: The lights on the “Twister” ride do not glow at night.
- GRAPHICS: Luminous Isle – The trees on the hills out of the park boundary appear white in color when viewed from ‘Free Camera’
- GRAPHICS: Exit sign of the ride ‘Haunted House’ is reversed.
- GRAPHICS: The Banana and coconut trees have fewer leaves when close up than when zooming out.
- GRAPHICS: Small dark textures can be seen on the tops of the entrance towers
- GRAPHICS: Out-of-world graphics are visible, if player enters a lowered terrain in ‘Free Camera’ mode and rotates the camera.
- GRAPHICS: Texture of the entrance gate appears pixilated.
- GRAPHICS: Glassy texture is missing for ‘Lettuce N Things’.
- GRAPHICS: Water outside the park boundary appears in white if viewed from ground level.
- GRAPHICS: The observation tower is misaligned
- PEEPS: Billboards have been created for new and existing peeps.
- PEEPS: Adjustments to the threshold for when peeps buy food should they be hungry.
- PEEPS: Camera positions have been fixed for all coasters.
- PEEPS: Logic for the Ride Operator and Ticket Booth has been fixed so that it works for all locations.
- PEEPS: Elder peeps bounce after being dropped over the paths.
- PEEPS: The animation for when a peep is drowning has been fixed. It was previously repeating.
- PXP: When saving a group blueprint, the default name for the group in the save panel should be the selected building’s name
- PXP: Rotating the camera while saving a blueprint through any building info panel will move the panel but not the save panel.
- PXP: Specific Extras and Walls PxP stacks to a limited amount.
- PXP: When placing the first piece at 2 feet, the horizontal lines of the vertical grid will not correspond to the snapped positions
- PXP: For roofs and tiles the yaw gizmo is displayed inside the piece
- PXP: Scenery assets will visually be removed when installing multiple blueprints containing scenery
- PXP: Default Bulldoze and Move tools can be accessed when enabled while holding a Premade within the PxP Builder.
- PXP: There is a small flickering issue located inside the ‘Saloon’ premade building in-game.
- PXP: The elevation of the first piece is at 0m instead of being the ground elevation
- PXP: When elevating pieces, the 4×4 projected Grid is displayed far into the distance instead of being at the base of the vertical grid.
- PXP: Unable to group PxP buildings with anything.
- PXP: Audio – Music asset fails to play even after checking the ‘Play Music’ button for the first time a player accesses it from the info window.
- PXP: Player is able to place only one ‘Metal Semi Wall’ adjacent to any other ‘Metal Semi Wall’
- PXP: Clicking on the “Add More Packs” button doesn’t work every other time.
- PXP: You cannot delete grouped assets
- PXP: When left clicking on 2 shops while the Persistent Panel is displayed, the 2nd click will change the Persistent Panel to the Grouping Panel.
- PXP: When Shift+left clicking on 2 shops while the Persistent Panel is displayed and the Grouping Panel appears, the group should be only the 2 selected.
- PXP: New pieces added while editing a PxP building are not charged when duplicating it before finishing the project.
- PXP: Clicking on a grouped shop, under the PxP Builder mode, will ungroup the entity.
- PXP: Grouped PxP Buildings are not highlighted blue or red when mousing over them with the Move or Delete tools
- PXP: Adding a Premade building whilst building a PxP building will automatically finish the project and start a new PxP building.
- PXP: Deco & Lights cannot be rotated.
- PXP: Walls facing the entrance are off centered on grid.
- PXP: Track nodes will remain as green circles on Custom Coasters that are placed from PxP Blueprints
- PXP: Keyword filtering then switching to another tab shouldn’t automatically add the keyword again.
- PXP: Elevating a PxP and right click to cancel it will leave elevation displayed in game.
- PXP: Gizmo will appear as 2 different pieces when stacking pieces.
- PXP: Coasters in a Group Entity Blueprint will show the original Construction Date of the coaster that was initially saved within the blueprint.
- PXP: When increasing/decreasing the elevation of the current piece, there is a 1 frame delay between the camera and the piece.
- PXP: Placing a blueprint containing PxP packs that are enabled will have missing pieces
- PXP: Gizmo appears at 2 different PxPs
- PXP: The grid stays in 4×4 after putting down a PxP blueprint
- PXP: Deco & Lights should also raycast against the collider of other buildings and rides
- PXP: Deleting an entity blueprint containing 80+ rides while they are loading installation in the park will make UI unresponsive
- PXP: 4×4 wall piece will flicker if stacked on top of 2 half-way pieces stacked together
- PXP: Tinting pieces in the Colors tab and clicking on “Finish” makes the pieces change color or lose color
- PXP: The angle snap does not turn into elevation snap if selecting a piece, turning off the grid, selecting Twist (3) or Pitch (4) then turning the grid back on
- PXP: Z-fighting between stacked walls and the vertical grid
- PXP: The Wild West Semi Wall is placed in the middle of the grid line.
- PXP: When picking up an elevated piece with the Move Tool the camera jumps and has in incorrect offset with the mouse cursor
- PXP: PxP placed after a grouped blueprint will automatically be grouped
- PXP: When raising an auto-stacked piece, the piece will jump back down at the 8th increment
- PXP: Z-fighting is present in the Western premades
- PXP: Text in secondary UI for Adventure pieces is missing the words “Piece-by-Piece” next to it.
- PXP: The default keyword search is not always displayed when starting a new PxP building
- PXP: Saved game created after grouping few assets does not load.
- PXP: Adventure premade grouping is not consistent
- PXP: The PxP grid does not turn off when the first piece placed is undone
- PXP: Smoke effect appears at top of the ‘Golden Gate Bridge’ while placing it in the park.
- PXP: Only the 1st piece of a PxP building will produce smoke when the building is moved.
- PXP: Paths of the ‘Staff’ & ‘Park Services’ skeleton buildings are shorter than the skeleton buildings of ‘Food & Drinks’ and ‘Souvenir Shops’.
- PXP: First PxP installed is centered which can cause certain pieces to be misaligned with grid.
- PXP: A PxP wall will appear randomly on the terrain and cannot be selected or deleted in-game.
- PXP: Coaster tracks cannot be created to go through PxP.
- PXP: The “A to Z” sorting of premades in the Premade tab is incorrect
- PXP: ArgumentException is called and user is unable to completely delete the Large Mayan Temple.
- PXP: Completing a Coaster test cycle while adding to a PxP building will cause overlapping UI.
- PXP: The “Save” button should be grayed out when no piece is placed is PxP editing mode
- PXP: PxP Builder UI is automatically opened when selecting [Piece-by-Piece Buildings] when loading a save that was created with the Persistent Panel still opened.
- PXP: Grid will not be aligned when using the Move Tool on the PxP building in a specific condition
- PXP: The sorting in the Premade tab is not grouping premade together like in the level 3 UI
- PXP: Using a blueprint that includes a non-pxp object (ie food stand) in a new pxp project will cause that non-pxp object to be ungrouped.
- PXP: When using the Move Tool or Duplicate out of the PxP Builder without clicking on finish, the Persistent Panel will overlay the HUD
- PXP: Manipulation keys 1 and 2 should be swapped when placing premade/blueprints in the Premade tab
- PXP: PxP building that is being edited can be duplicated for free when not clicking on [Finish]
- PXP: Only selected object moves, if player tries to move a group of open objects using ‘Move Tool’.
- PXP: Creating queues/paths from the Skeleton Station raises the terrain.
- PXP: After saving a blueprint from the info panel, the button stays in the enabled state
- PXP: Price refund when highlighting a group of objects to be deleted will show individual asset prices instead of the whole group.
- SCENERY: ‘Mesquite Tree’ disappears when the user zooms out of the park.
- SCENERY: The lamps of the ‘Friendly Neighbor’ façade do not glow during the night.
- SCENERY: Improvements to viewing trees and at distance.
- SCENERY: Incorrect water texture (Sand Texture) for the scenery asset ‘Adventure Ruins’.
- SCENERY: Street Lights go off when zooming in closely.
- SCENERY: All of the spotlights have lighting during the day time.
- SCENERY: Light present on half the plaza assets don’t produce lighting.
- SCENERY: All the lamps under ‘Path Posts’ category glows during day time.
- SCENERY: Text capitalization inconsistency and typo in the Ride Sign “The ‘adventurious’ Arch Way.
- SCENERY: Texture of the grass is missing on the ‘Rock Arch’.
- SCENERY: Texture of a plant is missing in ‘Old Cowboy Plaza’.
- SCENERY: User is unable to place scenery items near the dodecagon shaped ‘Adventure Ruins’ center piece.
- SCENERY: The trees near the entrance fence does not glow if user places the spotlight close to the fences.
- SCENERY: Most Flowers & Plants Scenery disappear when viewed from a distance.
- SCENERY: The Large Fern from the [Flowers & Plants] Scenery appears very brightly textured.
- SCENERY: Flowerbed scenery is flickering when raising camera at maximum height
- SCENERY: Adventure ruins flickers at maximum height camera
- SCENERY: Azalea scenery plants disappear when viewed from a distance.
- SCENERY: LOD issues on Desert Bush, Half Buried Treasure
- SCENERY: The flowering bushes have no shaders and do not look very realistic.
- SOUND: SFX for the water falling from the top of the scenery asset ‘Adventure Ruins’ is inaudible.
- SOUND: ‘SFX’ of placing and removing the assets is audible throughout the game, even after setting the ‘Effects Volume’ to ‘Zero’.
- SOUND: No sound can be heard from a ride placed after deleting a ride that’s functioning.
- STAFF: Staff members slide after dropping them over paths
- STAFF: Toolbox from mechanics floats when zooming in/out while fixing a ride.
- UGC: Several UGC pieces and UGC windows appear completely pink.
- UI /UX: UI Volume for the audio slider bars is audible, if user tries to pull it below 0% or Above 100%.
- UI / UX: Renamed entity is not reflected in the group info panel.
- UI / UX: When selecting a new piece, the camera is not following the piece anymore.
We are still working on a number of bugs, tweaks, and other fixes. With each update we address a number of bugs and make improvements, but sometimes this may cause other features to break in the process. Our focus during Early Access is on releasing updates faster to you so we can get feedback earlier in the process. If you see a bug please report it in our Bug Tracker. Feedback on what you see implemented should go in our Improvement Tracker.
Note that we have been seeing a number of users reporting issues with computers that are below the game’s minimum specs, so please check the main steam page before playing to ensure you meet the requirements. Additionally, we have seen a number of problems are solved when users update their graphics drivers.
Lastly, downloads via Steam may sometimes get corrupted or updates don’t fully install leading to odd behaviors in game and starting the game. Try these steps to verify the game cache:
Right click RollerCoaster Tycoon World in Steam
Then Open the Local Files tab
Click Verify integrity of game cache
NOTE: In general – it is a good idea to verify the Integrity of the Game Cache after any update just to be sure.