Today we’re coming to you with a new RCTW UPDATE! In this week’s update you’ll find an Alpha version of our brand-new SCENARIO EDITOR, allowing you to build custom scenarios from your saved games! You can start creating fun and challenging scenarios for you and your friends today, and with a future update you’ll be able to share your scenarios through our UGC system! Additionally, the patch contains a host of under-the-hood improvements to AI, Performance, Water reflections, heatmaps, and paths, along with two new Scenarios and a rocking new Flatride – the Theater!
SCENARIO EDITOR – ALPHA VERSION
For the first time in RCTW, you’ll now be able to create your own custom scenarios. Today is just the first step of this easy-to-use new feature. Simply build a park in Sandbox mode, enter the “Scenario” mode from the main menu and click “Create New Scenario.” From there you can adjust objectives including park value and rating, guest satisfaction, ride quality and many more, seamlessly creating custom scenarios to play out in your Sandbox park. In our next update, you will be able to upload your scenarios via our UGC System to test other players’ skills, or download scenarios you find in the workshop. As a reminder – this is an ALPHA VERSION of this feature and we really need your feedback so please be sure to provide it in our Feedback Forum.
Additionally, we’ve added two more pre-made Scenarios, bringing the total number up to 8! Give them a whirl!
Get Ready to ROCK! Give your peeps a blast of rock’n’roll with our new THEATRE attraction flatride. This new family ride features an open-air auditorium with a full band rocking brand-new music on stage. Your peeps will line up for the concert, sit down, and enjoy the show. Get your lighters ready and check out a screenshot below.
As always, we’re continuing to optimize, improve and tweak features from our last updates. Our work on optimization of assets continues and will mean further performance as welll as visual improvements.
In this update you’ll also find path fixes, improved water features, improved AI heatmaps, and general bug, performance and animation improvements. Please continue to let us know about any other bugs and tech issues you find!
PARK STAFF – HEAT MAPS
With today’s update we are further expanding our Staff Heat Maps feature. Now, when you add a new Park Staff building to your park, your park will enter into “heat map mode”, making it effortless to locate other buildings of the same type in your park. To further refine your park layout, you can turn individual Park Staff heat maps on and off by navigating to your Heat Maps menu.
Be on the lookout in our coming updates for improvements to our staff heatmaps, and enhanced patrol zone controls for park staff. Also, as you play through this new build you’ll notice that we’ve greyed out a few new options within RCTW. Without giving too much away, we’re working on an exciting new roller coaster, UGC Mode for the Scenario Editor, and a few surprises along the way! Stay tuned!
Lastly, we’d like to give sincere thanks for the kind words about our last patch. With your support, feedback, and inspiration, the team is working tirelessly to make RCTW better and better.
– Team RCTW
Here is the full list of today’s updates:
- FLATRIDE: Rock out with our new Theater Ride! Its an awesome new flatride that entertains dozens of peeps available to all.
- SCENARIOS: Today we are launching 2 brand new scenarios: #7 and #8. Give them a try!
This list contains features that are in-progress, have had a first pass at improvements, or are at an Alpha stage.
- SCENARIOS: ALPHA FEATURE: Scenario Editor – Today we are launching our Alpha Version of the Scenario Editor! Simply create a map in Sandbox mode, save it, and then go into the Scenarios section of the Main Menu to turn your save into a Scenario. This is an Alpha Feature and we expect to expand upon it further. Our plan is to next create a mode where you will be able to share scenarios via UGC with friends!
- BUILDINGS: Following optimization and graphical improvements we have re-enabled fountains in the game
- BUILDINGS: The Intensity Factor has been rebalanced across all rides
- COASTERS: The seats on the hypercoaster have been improved
- GRAPHICS: We have further improved the visual look of water based on your feedback so please be sure to check it out!
- PATHS: Paths have been further improved with a specific focus on end-path connections.
- PEEPS: Improved the logic for peeps choosing different rollercoasters.
- PEEPS: Peep Hunger and Thirst Generation has been further tweaked
- PERFORMANCE: We have continued optimizing assets in the game, leading to further performance gains in this build
- UI/UX: We have further improved the multi-item delete functionality based on your feedback
The Bugs below have all been fixed in this latest update. Note that this is only a selection of all the bug fixes from the full list.
- [b]BUILDINGS – The ‘Western Lamp Post’ does not emit any light.
- BUILDINGS: Scenery fence ‘Lighted Iron Brick fence’ texture issue
- CAMPAIGN: Scenery icon remains greyed out when allowing a ride to break down prior to addressing the Scenery tutorials.
- CAMPAIGN: User is unable to complete the ‘Queues – Get the peeps on your rides!’ objective.
- COASTERS: Selecting the ‘Roller Coaster’ UI on the tool bar after closing any other UI, opens up the previously closed UI.
- COASTERS: The premade coaster ‘Cosmic Runner’ under the ‘Hyper Coaster’ fails to pass the ‘Test’.
- GRAPHICS: LOD2 problems on flatride Orbit Spin
- PEEPS: One specific Peep always keeps his shadow when zooming out
- SCENARIOS: Objectives tab is not synchronized with the end of scenario 4 pop-up
- SCENARIOS: Scenario 01 – Objectives – Percentage for ‘Have 3 months were Park Revenue exceeds $ 4000’ objective display 33% even if the Park revenue of none of the months exceeds above $4000.
- SCENARIOS: Scenario 3 – Gold medal objective is automatically completed if completing the silver medal objective.
- SCENARIOS: Scenarios do not always unlock
- UGC: Under ‘Most Recent’ tab, user can only view new most recently added content when viewing 50 contents per page.
- UI/UX: Major sound distortion when deleting several items at the same time with Mass Delete.
- UI/UX: Setting the [Reflections] in the Custom Settings will override all changes when selecting [Low], [Medium], or [High] settings.
- UI/UX: The price continues to increase or decrease when clicking the [+] or [-] buttons whilst closing the info window.`
- UI/UX: User is unable to close the tier – 3 UI using on screen cross ‘X’ button or ‘Esc’ key on the keyboard, if user toggles ‘ON/OFF’ the HUD visible using the shortcut key ‘H’.
We are still working on a number of bugs, tweaks, and other fixes. With each update we address a number of bugs and make improvements, but sometimes this may cause other features to break in the process. Our focus during Early Access is on releasing updates faster to you so we can get feedback earlier in the process. If you see a bug please report it in our Bug Tracker. Feedback on what you see implemented should go in our Improvement Tracker.
For a general guide on fixes and troubleshooting steps for common issues (including the 57% bug) please visit THIS USER GENERATED GUIDE. Note that we have been seeing a number of users reporting issues with computers that are below the game’s minimum specs, so please check the main steam page before playing to ensure you meet the requirements. Additionally, we have seen a number of problems are solved when users update their graphics drivers. Lastly, downloads via Steam may sometimes get corrupted or updates don’t fully install leading to odd behaviors in game and starting the game. Try these steps to Verify the game cache:
- Right click RollerCoaster Tycoon World in Steam
- Click Properties
- Then Open the Local Files tab
- Click Verify integrity of game cache
NOTE: In general – it is a good idea to Verify the Integrity of the Game Cache after any update just to be sure.